[nSLUG] ubuntu 5.1

matt parker flame at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 9 19:47:35 AST 2005

New User Question:

Just installed ubuntu on one of my windows boxes (dual boot). I want to
change the order that grub loads the operating systems. I want windows
first as a choice so my kids can just turn it on and not have to worry
about a choice. I think I have to change the menu.lst file in the grub
folder. the problem is I do not know how to login as root in ubuntu!!! I
was not given a choice to set up that account during setup. The only
choice I had was for a user account.  As a normal user account I only
have read only access. What can I do?

Matt

!DSPAM:439a179935431544010180!