[nSLUG] More Free Goods

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Wed Dec 7 22:36:34 AST 2005

Do you have leads on a micro atx board?

I have some old CPU's laying around.
Do they still make the baby atx boards?

My daughter has one running RedHat, its almost 10 years old.
Starting to act up on her.  keyboard and mouse port is going.
Happened to my wife's pc, those onboard ports really suck.
They don't last like the older style DIN plugs.

I had a MS keyboard, ps/2 style, had one of the pins missing, brand new
out of the box.

Trying to build a newer system for my daughter when she comes in.
I have an old PBell 266, I use that for when I need to interface with my
guitar equipment. Sucks, win4lin or wine don't support USB yet...

One of the shops sells refirbs for $399 P3 1.6Ghz
Thinking of picking one up and installing Slackware 10 on it for my
daughter.  She's been using RedHat since she's been in college, last 3.5
years.  She laughed at others using XP, having their systems reinstalled
every other week. LOL.  In the past 3.5 years, only hardware issues,
like bad RAM, mouse, printer died.  She picked up a HP and walked her
thru installing a USB card over the phone.  Shes getting to know her
computer. :)

Oh well, not sure if the small case will work out.
Do you have any older motherboards, normal ATX ?   I can pick up a case
for $50.  I think I have some RAM and Video.  Hard Drives are cheap.

Thanks,
Regards,
Rich

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 17:14 -0400, Jim Haliburton wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I have three Micro ATX cases.  No power supplies, just the cases.  They
> use normal size ATX power supply but must have a Micro ATX board.
>
> Free to good or even not so good home.
>
> Speak up by Friday (preferrably Thursday Night) as that is the day the
> big green truck comes up our street devouring all that is left by the
> curb.
>
> Jim Haliburton
>

> James A. Haliburton
> On-Site Computer Services of Halifax
> Suite 100, 25 Walton Drive
> Halifax, Nova Scotia
> Canada     B3N 1X6
> Cell/Pager  : (902)499-5250
> Home/Office : (902)477-8342
> e-mail      : jim at on-site.ns.ca
>
> Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office attachments.
> See http://www.newsforge.com/software/04/03/27/0134204.shtml

Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca>

!DSPAM:43979ada295821226618704!