[nSLUG] [OT] Re: Ubuntu 5.10

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sat Dec 3 01:21:08 AST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 18:00 -0400, Mike Spencer wrote:
> >> Hand-pump, wood heat, outhouse and 10 computers [1] is no longer a
> >> unique domestic configuration.
> >
> > hehe, is the outhouse wired ?
>
> Not yet.  It had a 40-book library on Canadian environmental & foreign
> policy issues but they all got moldy after a few years.  Once the dang
> thing is water-tight, it will have:
>
>    + Lights
>    + Infra-red heater lamp
>    + Wireless connection to my LAN
>
> RSN. :-)

when I visited the parks, on Cabot Trail, those outhouses were cleaner
than most service stations.  thats pretty sad.   Canada has high tech
outhouses compared to the States.  Those are scary.  The way things are
done in the States, well we just put that in 50 years ago, it still
should be fine to use, just block your nose

this time of year must really suck for outhouses.

> Security for the wireless: Range is such that you have to be more or
> less in the dooryard to establish connection, making possible
> umm... analog countermeasures.  SEE ALSO chainsaw(8). [1]

hehe :) that was good.

> [1] http://home.tallships.ca/mspencer/alien/chainsaw.html

Do you still forge metals?
I saw the gallery - I like the horse and the crab.
The crab is really cool.  How long did you work on it?

--
Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca>

!DSPAM:43912a2859051525740530!