[nSLUG] Re: Ubuntu 5.10

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Fri Dec 2 17:23:33 AST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 16:09 -0400, Mike Spencer wrote:

> >> ...and/or who wouldn't have otherwise gone through the bother of
> >> downloading and burning their own copies (or can't because they
> >> don't have a burner).
> >
> > Ben, you will find if you look, that many, many people don't have
> > broadband connections to the internet - because they aren't available
> > where they live.  I'm one.
>
> What he said.  Perhaps there's a default notion that savvy varies
> inversely with distance from Downtown, rather like "rustication" in
> proportion to remoteness from Victorian London.  These days, there are
> a lot of very technical rustics out here in the boonies.  Hand-pump,
> wood heat, outhouse and 10 computers [1] is no longer a unique
> domestic configuration.

hehe, is the outhouse wired ?

I flee the city every now and then to look at Peggy's Cove, usually
sunsets.  Now that tour buses have gone, I get some wicked sunset pics.
This area is nice for sunsets.  Never lived by the ocean before.  I
moved here 2 years ago and really like it.

!DSPAM:4390ba3c51681258154513!