[nSLUG] Re: Any nsluggers in Valley?

Bob Ashley ashley at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Aug 28 17:49:50 ADT 2005

Thanks, Donald. I like your kiosk idea. It's non-threatening. And your
precautionary approach to risk management is really smart. It provides for a
contingency cushion, a comfortable fallback while new users explore a new
desktop environment.

I'm glad that you also sent up a red flag concerning OSS advocacy, that is, that
pushing OSS ought to be avoided. "Getting people [just] to think about the
alternatives and the cost savings", as you say, seems to be wise early step.

Thanks for weighing in with suggestions. They add up to a useful checklist of
important things to consider.

Bob Ashley