[nSLUG] more browser idiocy

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 27 13:16:58 ADT 2005

> It is not necessary to look over the border,  NS
> gov. web site
> discriminates against browser that are not M$.
>
> http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/default.asp,
>
> /
> The service that you are attempting to use requires
> that your browser
> meets the following conditions. Please see below for
> what is not
> currently present on your computer. Your browser:
> Opera 8.0
>
> If you believe that you have encountered this page
> in error, or that
> your browser meets the above conditions, continue to
> your selected service.
>
> For more information about browser settings and
> configuration, please
> click here.
>
> Otherwise, please upgrade your browser and visit us
> again
> /

Hi J.P. and all. I just went on the web page you
mentionned;
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/default.asp

with Firefox using High speed Aliant and I had no
problem. I could also access the links mentionned on
the web site.
Ditto for http://www.comicspage.com/comics.html that
Mike said wasn't available.
The only refusals I got was when I went to the soho
and the washingtonpost sites.
Just thought I would let you all know that some links
work from here in northen Cape Breton.
Réjean