[nSLUG] X11 Forwarding & font corruption

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Aug 5 12:31:29 ADT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Ashley George wrote:

> I have a Solaris workstation displaying X11 applications running
> remotely on a Linux server... the applications function properly except
> in one regard: fonts are severely distorted or corrupted so much as to
> be illegible.
>
> Does anyone know why that might be? :)

I've run into the same thing displaying on SGI.  The problem was "solved"
by death of the SGI.  The apps we use seem to have beeen developed by
people who using HummingBird Exceed.  They and often need tweaks if you
want to display on SGI or linux.

--
George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> <gnw3 at acm.org>
189 Parklea Dr., Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia  B3Z 2G6

!DSPAM:42f38677260791431712512!