[nSLUG] Local hosting service?

Miles Thompson miles at allnovascotia.com
Mon Aug 1 10:25:15 ADT 2005

Supercity, Twisted Pair.
Hub.org is located in Wolfville; servers are in Panama.

I've used hub; they're fine. They are also remarkable in that their web
page displays uptime etc. for their servers, and if they are having a
problem with a machine they are not only upfront about it, but explain what
is being done. They have lots of capacity as they host PostgreSQL - i.e.
source, binaries, docs, etc., and have been /.'ed and come through OK.

I've also used Experthost.ca - located in Ottawa and they have been fine.

The important thing is that your wife's clients get to meet your wife --
she's the point of contact. Everything else is done through a computer anyway.

Let's face it, these are v. generic services, and as another fellow I
respect said, "I never RECOMMEND an ISP. They are all vulnerable to
outages, and attacks ... I merely say who I've used and what experience
I've had."

Cheers - Miles