[nSLUG] Swat file silly questiopn!

jpaulb at web.de jpaulb at web.de
Wed Sep 29 07:31:28 ADT 2004

Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca> schrieb am 29.09.04 01:59:53:

Hi everyone!
I have a machine with 2 hd's connected on a network to
a WinXP machine. The machine I am concerned ( the
client)  has a 40 Gbs as the master with only 15 Gbs
or so used by a Mandrake 9.0 distro with 250 Mb or so
for the Swat drive and 5Gbs for root and around 10 Gbs
for the home, and a 2.5 Gb hd as the second hd with
Win 98.
My question is; If I want to install a 2nd Linux
distro  on the primary hard drive (like Xandros or
Suse) do I need a second and/or third swap file'or
directory or is one enough, since I'll be using only
one distro at a time?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Rejean