[nSLUG] Digression Re: Swap file silly question!

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Sep 29 06:04:11 ADT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Mike Spencer wrote:

> Peter Cordes quoth:
>
> > If you've followed the path of wisdom and avoided having a /boot
> > partition...
>
> Why is that the path of wisdom?

It's fine if you're on a machine with clipping issues, but otherwise
you're limiting the number of kernels you can have. I usually let lilo
limit me, which I think has a max of 16 or 32. Having older kernels is
handy for regression testing, or if you need to go back to an older
version for whatever reason, or if you keep "special" kernel versions.

I don't know that the average user would hit this limitation, though.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:415a7a94134605821020996!