[nSLUG] Swat file silly questiopn!

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Sep 28 21:06:07 ADT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, rejean chamberland wrote:

> My question is; If I want to install a 2nd Linux
> distro  on the primary hard drive (like Xandros or
> Suse) do I need a second and/or third swap file'or
> directory or is one enough, since I'll be using only
> one distro at a time?

You only need one swap file. If you need a lot of virtual memory and you
have a swap file on each drive, set pri=1 in the options in /etc/fstab
like this:

/dev/hde1 none swap sw,pri=1 0 0
/dev/hda1 none swap sw,pri=1 0 0

This configures the swap driver to essentially stripe swap over the two
drives, which will give you better performance.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:4159fc74118583090015605!