[nSLUG] Time to upgrade the server OS...

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Sep 22 10:57:08 ADT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, George N. White III wrote:

> I knew a guy who was good at his job.  He never had a crisis to resolve
> because his systems were robust and he dealt with potential problems
> before they became serious.  He was laid off because others with the same
> job were working much harder and even showed dedication to come in and fix
> problems (e.g., deal with an overfull filesystem) at 2am on weekends!

Hmmm... that sounds suspiciously like a government job. The closest I ever
came to anything like that was at Aliant in a union job, and one of the
happiest days of my life was getting the bum's rush out of there when I
resigned. In all the other jobs I've had logging extra hours without just
cause has been viewed with suspicion. Perhaps I'm just lucky...

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:415184b9247565465116760!