[nSLUG] Time to upgrade the server OS...

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Wed Sep 22 10:44:19 ADT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 05:44:18PM -0300, George White wrote:

> > How do you configure KDE (or GNOME) without using X remotely? In my
> > experience configuring KDE using vi and cp is painful.
>
> How much configuration do these need on the server (computer, not X-)?
> Unless you are doing Xvfb tricks most of the configuration should be
> on the machine running the X-server.

Actually these systems are (physically) remote workstations where it is very
expensive to send any IT staff or contractors to the site.

I really do want advice on remotely configuring KDE settings (especially
when the window manager dies, or settings are seriously messed up).

!DSPAM:415181b6245083206413681!