[nSLUG] Time to upgrade the server OS...

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Sep 21 18:00:14 ADT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, M Taylor wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 12:26:40PM -0300, Jamie Fifield wrote:
> >
> > I think Debian will always maintain GUI configuration as optional
> > because, unlike what RedHat believes, some of us use Linux for servers
> > and don't want to install X.
>
> How do you configure KDE (or GNOME) without using X remotely? In my
> experience configuring KDE using vi and cp is painful.

Why would a webserver need KDE or Gnome? Why would a firewall need a
graphical interface? Why would a backup MX server need portmap installed?

Then again, I was berated this morning for thinking that screen was being
excessively bloated for having an 8 meg RSS after running for less than 6
months...

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:41509665219821902845605!