[nSLUG] installing firefox

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 16 22:21:27 ADT 2004

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&forumid=2&threadid=219987
> > > I just googled xpistub, and found that as the
> > second
> > > result.  That should give you all you need
> >
> > Thanks Cody!
> > I am downloading a new version hoping that it will
> > work better:
> >
> > firefox-0.9-i686-pc-javadesktopsystem2.tar.gz .I
> > will
> > let you know.
> > Thanks again.
> > Rejean
>
> Hi all!
> I downloaded it then Gunzip it  both by right
> clicking
> on the file and choosing extract and again in
> another
> directory doing it in command line as such:
> gunzip -dc firefox*.tar.gz | tar -xvf-
> and whatever I do either click on the firefox icon
> or
> typing ./firefox* run nothing happens. I don't get
> any
> error message
> Will do a google search and see what else I could
> try.
> Rejean

> I maybe wrong on this; but you should start foxfire
> the fires time as root. I read that some where, I
> haven't used it since Jan. or Feb.
> --
> J. Paul Bissonnette
> http://canadian-dream.com
> Reise und Immobilienvermittlung

Salut J. Paul!
I downloaded 3 different versions and none work.If I
go into a terminal, after having extracted the files
into a directory called firefox in my home and change
to su then cd firefox/ until I am into
firefox-install/ I can open the Firefox setup until I
get the following message:
fatal error [618: Couldn't open xpistub. If instead I
write:
./install.ini
I get a Permission denied. Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Rejean