[nSLUG] How to determine if NIC supports PXE boot?

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Sat Sep 4 12:08:12 ADT 2004

No, sorry, I have no idea how to do that from a program.
My only test is to boot up the machine, and look
in the BIOS of the mainboard for a hint that network
boot is now supported.

I'd imagine it could vary by the model of NIC.  Perhaps
start here:

http://www.scyld.com/ethercard_diag.html

--Donald Teed

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Amit Shinde wrote:

> Hi Donald,
>    Even I m trying to find out programatically if NIC supports boot ROM...  can you help me plz in this regards
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Amit Shinde
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.(a CMM Level 3 company)
>
> Ph (O)    : 91 - 20 - 4041700 / 4044700 (Ext. 260)
> Ph (R)    : 91 - 20 - 26135439
> Cell        : 91 - 9823367007
> mailto     : amitsh at cybage.com
> www.cybage.com