[nSLUG] suggestion for a single machine UPS for use with Linux?

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Nov 21 13:42:39 AST 2004

On Sun, 2004-21-11 at 00:29 -0500, rejean chamberland wrote:
> Just a little note! A year or so ago APC had a huge
> recall on one of their product ( it was an Ellipse,
> 250 or 300 that I had at the time ) anyway they
> replaced hundred of thousands of UPS for free ( I may
> have had to send mine at cost but it was shipped back
> to me for nothing) and it is still working. I live in

I dont know if it was the same recall or not, but I had on such affected
UPS. Simply filling out a form online, name, address, serial # got
things started. They said that they would ship out a UPS, less battery,
and that we should return the existing UPS, less battery, to them. They
had all the paperwork done, return shipping was prepaid. But the
replacement UPS I got came with a battery. Strangely enough, the
logistics got messed up and the old UPS has yet to work its way back to
APC...

!DSPAM:41a0d396113831969242622!