[nSLUG] Forcing filesystem check on root

David Potter dlpotter at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 3 11:23:47 AST 2004

mount -o remount,ro /   ....is refusing to co-operate with a 'busy'
error / explanation.

Would the 'Usual thing...', also be to take it to single user mode
(which is difficult for me to do remotely..). - or rather, it would seem
difficult for me to accomplish step two remotely, ie. "...run fsck
manually" ... ;-)

dlp

Crawford, Andrew (IT) wrote:

>Usual thing would be to remount it read-only and run fsck manually.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Andrew

!DSPAM:4188f826300921804916179!