[nSLUG] SuperProbe: command not found

Vikram Chhatre neurospora at eastlink.ca
Sun Mar 14 13:22:09 AST 2004

>With XFree86 4.3.0 (and newer, i.e. 4.4.0) you can use
> 'XFree86 -configure'
>to do a lot of auto-magic configuring which will give a
>sample config file (typically /root/XF86Config.new) that you can tweak if
>needed for your preferences before installing it (/etc/X11/XF86Config).

Somehow, XFree86 -configure is an unrecognized command for my machine.
I did ./xf86cfg and that gives me a gui frontend to the xf86config.
There, in the list of drivers, I can find ATI listed, however in the
list of cards, no ATI cards are mentioned.  If I choose ATI driver and
then choose a generic VGA card, it changes the driver to "generic vga"
from the chosen "ATI".  I dont know why no cards from ATI are listed in
the configuration utility.