[nSLUG] SuperProbe: command not found

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Sun Mar 14 12:46:29 AST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:42:45AM -0400, Vikram Chhatre wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am currently using Vesa framebuffer driver which is giving me 800x600,
> I would however like to tune the XF86Config to use the driver for my ATI
> Rage Pro AGP card, so that I can get a 1024x768.  Unfortunately, I do
> not have exact model and specs info on the card and thought of trying
> SuperProbe.  The bash returns command not found error though.  I

You will have a better selection of video modes and faster graphics using
the 'ati' driver rather than the very limited 'vesa' driver.

With XFree86 4.3.0 (and newer, i.e. 4.4.0) you can use
 'XFree86 -configure'
to do a lot of auto-magic configuring which will give a
sample config file (typically /root/XF86Config.new) that you can tweak if
needed for your preferences before installing it (/etc/X11/XF86Config).

SuperProbe is obsolete.