[nSLUG] kernel setup stack overlaps lilo

Peter Cordes peter at cordes.ca
Fri Mar 12 05:37:37 AST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:15:55PM -0400, Paul Boudreau wrote:
> Yes, I'm sure nothing like this would ever happen on one
> of the more modern distros, like Gentoo for instance,

 All modern distros include GRUB, and some even use it by default.  GRUB
understands ext2/3, and other FSes, and just all around kicks LILO's ass.
So use it and don't worry.  YOu can even boot kernels that aren't in you
config file, and it has tab completion on filenames from the GRUB prompt.

 Oh, and no, I don't think we're going to have that flame war again so soon.
You'll just have to be patient.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at cor , des.ca)