[nSLUG] kernel setup stack overlaps lilo

Vikram Chhatre neurospora at eastlink.ca
Thu Mar 11 10:41:32 AST 2004

Hello

I recently installed Slackware 9.1 on a pentium II box and I must say I
was impressed  by the ease with which the installation went.  Also, it
has Gnome 2.4 which only few stable distros have currently (AFAIK).
Things were being nice and then I thought it was time for a security
upgrade, so I grabbed all patches on slackware.org and installed them by
upgradepkg utility.  Installation went fine.  But next time when I
booted the system, I got following error at the lilo prompt, and system
hangs.

I guess I screwed the kernel up while upgrading it.  Is there anything I
can do at this point?  I could not log into single user mode either.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Vikram