[nSLUG] Knoppix with 2.6 kernel

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Sat Mar 6 09:35:50 AST 2004

I tried booting the 'heise' c't version of Knoppix that came
out a couple of weeks ago and it would not boot
on a couple of different notebooks I tried.  I couldn't
find any information on it so I gave up.

I found that Fedora Core 2 test 1 with the 2.6 kernel worked better,
but still rather unstable.

My main desktop system is running Gentoo with a 2.6.3 kernel and udev.
This seems to work together with hotplug to generate the
device files on the fly during boot up.  I have not played with
unplugging and putting it back after boot up.