[nSLUG] Knoppix with 2.6 kernel

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Mar 5 13:20:40 AST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Paul Boudreau wrote:

> Anyone else tried the recent c't version of Knoppix
> which has the 2.6.1 kernel (and Gnome 2.4)? It looks
> pretty good. Even better is the Overclockix version
> which adds nvidia drivers, ntfs write and a few other
> goodies. I like to play around with them just to see
> what new stuff is on them - they're great fun.

Have you experimented with USB hotplugging?

<http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20040303/index.html> has a review of
Knoppix 3.3 (Feb. 9th) that says USB hot-plugging didn't work.  I was able
to sync with a USB Palm using that version, so it isn't totally broken,
but a 2.6 kernel is supposed to have more robust USB hotplugging.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada