[nSLUG] Debian X server help.

bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca
Thu Mar 4 20:30:14 AST 2004

Hi:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Donald Teed wrote:

> 2. Swaret is still only going to know about the minimalist set of
>    packages that are the core of Slackware OS.  Packages outside
>    of Slackware, of which there were many for the case of 9.0
>    and the project I was working on, would need to be maintained
>    by updating from individual source sites - in some cases
>    building from source and potentially running into dependancy issues.

>From /etc/swaret.conf:

# -----------------------------------------------------------
# Define Repository URL's with Slackware Linux Packages.
# (Used for Repository Slackware Linux Packages)
# (Repository URL's available at http://www.swaret.org/?menu=sp)
#
# NOTE 1: To use a Local Repository or Remote Repository,
#         be sure it contains the following Files:
#         - CHECKSUMS.md5 (For MD5 Sum, REQUIRED)
#         - FILELIST.TXT (For Package Name + Size, REQUIRED)
#         - PACKAGES.TXT (For Package Description, NOT REQUIRED)
#         - MANIFEST.bz2 (For Dependency Support, NOT REQUIRED)
# NOTE 2: To create your own Repository, use 'swaret-tools'.
#         You can get 'swaret-tools' at http://www.swaret.org!
#
# Syntax: REPOS_ROOT=REPOSITORYNAME%PROTOCOL:URL
#
# NOTE 1: The REPOSITORY NAME can only be ONE Keyword!
# NOTE 2: swaret will use the order of the specified REPOS_ROOT URL's.
#
#REPOS_ROOT=LinuxPackagesDOTNET%ftp://ftp.linuxpackages.net/pub/Slackware-9.1
#
#REPOS_ROOT=My_Slackware_Packages_On_CD-ROM%file:/mnt/cdrom
#REPOS_ROOT=My_Slackware_Packages_On_DVD-ROM%file:/mnt/dvdrom
#REPOS_ROOT=My_Slackware_Packages_On_USB_Memory_Stick%file:/mnt/usbmemstick
#REPOS_ROOT=SomeRemoteRepository%ftp://ftp.someremoterepository.net/slackware/slackware-9.1
#REPOS_ROOT=SomeRemoteRepository%http://www.someremoterepository.net/slackware/slackware-9.1
#REPOS_ROOT=SomeRemoteRepository%rsync://rsync.someremoterepository.net/slackware/slackware-9.1
#REPOS_ROOT=MyLocalRepository%file:/pub/myrepos"
#REPOS_ROOT=MyRemoteRepository_Using_NFS-Share%file:/mnt/nfsshare/slackware
#REPOS_ROOT=MyRemoteRepository_Using_Samba-Share%file:/mnt/sambashare/slackware
#

OK?