[nSLUG] Debian X server help.

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Mar 4 20:24:36 AST 2004

1. Swaret was not available in 9.0.  So perhaps this has recently improved.
   It was previously just installpkg, which did nothing about upgrades,
   dependancies, etc.

2. Swaret is still only going to know about the minimalist set of
   packages that are the core of Slackware OS.  Packages outside
   of Slackware, of which there were many for the case of 9.0
   and the project I was working on, would need to be maintained
   by updating from individual source sites - in some cases
   building from source and potentially running into dependancy issues.
   This isn't the sort of thing you want to drop on end users
   who may have little Linux experience.  I expect that few of
   the users working with what I set up for last year
   have updated their Slackware 9.0 system since they got it.
   I've heard they are happy with what I've provided,
   but I know it can be much better.

--Donald Teed