[nSLUG] Debian X server help.

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Fri Mar 5 07:12:08 AST 2004

That shows it has the hooks to access more resources than Slackware
did previously, and it is another improvement beyond what I dealt
with last year.  However, I was not impressed with the quality
of packages I found at linuxpackages.net last year.  Some of them
were not even the same as they were labelled.  I still think it
pales compared to most other distributions which provide hundreds
more packages to choose.  I don't need to install hundreds, but if
I go to a large store, the selection is greater, and the same thing
holds true here.

The original statement that set me off, was that Slackware allows
one to do ANYTHING.  Based on my experience last summer, I knew
it wasn't true.  It seems this has improved, but I still doubt
it is as versatile as Gentoo and Debian.

--Donald Teed