[nSLUG] Boot problem

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Jan 28 17:09:12 AST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Mike Spencer wrote:

> What does that do?  Where do I look?  Not mentioned in lilo docs,
> can't find it grepping through the kernel source.  That was suggested
> in a lilo error message but I couldn't find explanation or syntax.

Just list lba32 on a line by itself somewhere near
the top of your lilo.conf .  I read some time ago that
sometimes it was necessary to state that, but perhaps
with newer lilo you don't need that.  I guess that
is another variation - what version of lilo you are running
on the boot disk?  lilo -V reports it.

Knoppix is good too.  I just found that there were a couple
more working disk related tools like parted and resize2fs
on the Gentoo one.