[nSLUG] Boot problem

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Jan 28 07:49:03 AST 2004

You've done a thorough job of troubleshooting this one.

My only idea is that if you did the rerun of lilo from
the chroot on the P133, try it again from a rescue CD
and the PII.  It looks like you tried that and this
failed.  That is a clue I guess.  If the chipset on the
boards effects the way the geometry is seen, then this might
be an essential step.  Also, try explicitly listing lba32
in the lilo.conf if you didn't already do that.

An off hand idea, but if the PII machine's chipset
is somehow not well supported by the kernel on
your rescue CD, it might be giving you problems.
Try an alternate rescue CD.  Gentoo makes a decent
Live CD these days with plenty o' tools.