[nSLUG] SB Live! 5.1 - Redhat 8.0

Vikram neurospora at eastlink.ca
Wed Jan 14 19:06:32 AST 2004

>>> Devices muted?  Try aumix or some mixer and adjust your volume.

I tried aumix, increased volume, but now I am getting following error when I
try to play mp3 files in xmms (installed with support for mp3):

Couldn't open audio:

Please check:
1. You have the correct output plugin selected (My system shows: eSound
output plugin 1.2.7)
2. No other program is blocking the sound card
3. Your soundcard is configured properly

Could this be because two different mixers are trying to control the sound
card at the same time? (aumix and kmix).