[nSLUG] bandwidth Eastlink vs Bell

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Fri Jan 9 08:19:26 AST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, M Taylor wrote:

> Frankly, look at the rates quotes by Dop re: senior level IT
> consultanting, I think some junior IT consultants, i.e. 'warm bodies' in
> some cases; make that much doing installs in larger Canadian centres.

Correct; one client a while back found it was cheaper to fly me city to
city to install a server, 20-30 desktops and a wireless network in each
branch office than it was to hire a contractor in each location. From
memory, the locations were Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal and
Dartmouth, and it took me 2-3 days per location to install.

Cheers... Dop.