[nSLUG] no networking

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Jan 6 15:06:57 AST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, M Taylor wrote:

> I am running the SMP kernel due it the system being a P4 with hyper
> threading and my limited (mis)understanding is that later SMP in 2.4
> kernels makes use of HT. Perhaps I'm wrong.

You need to enable SMP for HT. I don't think it applies to you, but it
seems like all the latest P4 chips have support for HT according to
/proc/cpuinfo (eg, my laptop ("Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.50GHz")
has the ht flag set) but HT doesn't actually work. Not sure what Intel
were thinking there.

Cheers... Dop.