[nSLUG] Local connectivity (Was mandrake RPMs/urpmi -- best source?)

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jan 6 14:41:18 AST 2004

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 11:43:59PM -0400, Logan Attwood wrote:
> After reading through this, my mother came exactly to mind.
>
> Not that long ago my mother kicked up a big stink about one of their ad
> compaigns. It said $99+tax for MPowered (not PPPoE, thank god), Local
> tel service plus all the extras, unlimited long distance after 6pm and
> such, and a cell phone. The ad said nothing about a 'service fee' or
> cost of activation ($20). She kicked up such a stink that we only pay
> $99 + tax. No fees.
>
> On another note, I was extremely P.O'd about MTT's cutting of the
> 3.5/1.5 to 1.5/768, with no price reduction, or notice.

 What's Eastlink's uplink speed these days?  I seem to get ~600kB/s down,
and ~60kB/s up from/to Dal.  I'm guessing that the upload bandwidth is
512kb/s...  Didn't it used to be better?  At least I can't complain about
the download speed :)

 At least there aren't any NAT firewalls or PPPoE.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at cor , des.ca)