[nSLUG] no networking

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Sun Jan 4 18:03:24 AST 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 09:40:06PM +0000, M Taylor wrote:

> There are some error messages about 'NETDEV: eth0 sending timeout' I think
> it is, but I don't know if this is an accidential symption or a bona fide

error message:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

appears to be a kernel message (to the console) while during DHCPREQUEST's
or DHCPDISCOVERY's.

And an unrelated question, where should I put a hdparm command on
bootup for debian 3.0/woody/stable? Add -d1 -c1 -m2 seems to make a
major difference (-d1 makes the biggest).