[nSLUG] Gateway

Vikram vikram at popgen.org
Fri Mar 28 22:33:56 AST 2003

This is what I have done:

Server:
eth0 - Eastlink's ip address
eth1 - Internal ethernet: 192.168.0.1

Windows box 1: eth0 - 192.168.0.2
Linux box 1: eth0 - 192.168.0.3
Gateway for both these boxes: 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers for both these boxes are same as DNS servers for eth0 on my
server.

The server runs a simple IP Masquerading (Check out David Ranch's IP MASQ
HOWTO on www.tldp.org) rule.  ISP's cable modem plugs into eth0 on my
server.  Thats it.

However if you have dialup, you will need to figure out PPP (I think!).

I dont know how much this will help you, but there will be more expert
suggestions coming in :)

Goodluck

Vikram