[nSLUG] Gateway

Lewis House lewis.house at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 28 22:18:08 AST 2003

Hey all,
Ok i got an old server from ebay a Compaq proliant 805r, 2 - PPro 200,
256megs ram, 2 - 4.3gig scsi hot swap hd's, 2 nics. What i want to do is
make it a gateway or router i guess. Slackware 9.0 is freshly installed on
it now and it detects both nics. This is my setup i have.

Windows Comp ( WinXP pro)  ---> Compaq Server (Slack 9.0) ------> p75 laptop
(debian 2.1)

The windows box is the connection to the internet and is sharing with ics. i
do this because of living in the woods i have dialup and have a crappy
winmodem. The server has no problem using the internet through the windows
box, what i want to do is be able to connect to the internet through the
laptop.  its probably an unorthodox setup but thats the way its setup.

Windows  Comp 192.168.0.1
Compaq Server 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.1
Laptop 192.168.1.1

I have read some stuff about multihomed boxes but cant make heads or tails
of it. i can ping between both windows comp and compaq server, but the
second nic in the box 192.168.1.1 and the laptop dont wanna seem to connect.

Much appreciated

Mark