[nSLUG] e1000

mahmood gohar mahmoodgohar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 18:27:12 AST 2003

Hello,

I have a IBM x345 and have just installed Red Hat 7.3. The installation
didn't detect onboard network cards. I previously had Red Hat 8 within which
the NIC's worked fine with e1000.o drivers.

I have tried recommendation posted on this newsgroup of editing
/etc/modules.conf, tried netconfig tool which created ifcfg-eth0 file, tried
modprobe e1000. Now on boot error occurs: device not seem to be present,
delaying initialization of eth0.

modprobe e1000 returns error .../.../e1000.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters

Server has two processors and 4GB RAM.

Any ideas why onboard NIC's (server comes with 2 NICS's) are not detected
and installed ??

Any help greatly appreciated. MG