[nSLUG] General Linux Question

Jamie Fifield jamie at fifield.ca
Sun Mar 23 14:49:54 AST 2003

The best linux distro for someone just learning should be what the
people who you're going to ask for support are most comfortable with.

If you planning on using nslug as your primary support resource (and
there seems to be people here that are more than happy to help out),
RedHat is a decent choice.  Mandrake seems to have a little less
representation on the list.  Debian is pretty much the only distro
out there amoung the more advanced users (not counting the niche
distros or other OSes).  But I think it's fairly safe to say that many
of the advanced users don't even read most of the newbie questions
asked here.