[nSLUG] General Linux Question

Rory Bray rory at vudu.nb.ca
Sun Mar 23 11:21:51 AST 2003

If you're concerned about standard locations for apps and ease of getting
things to work, you might try Slackware.

I've tried many distros and I always come back to this one.  It tends to
support common standards for file locations and configurations.  The biggest
attraction for me is that it's simple but complete and it awalys works.  I
can't say the same for RedHat or Mandrake, both are high quality distros and
tend to be user friendly but also tend to create strange quirks that send
users off in all directions trying to get everything to work.

I think the reason it works so well (and I'm honestly not trolling for a
flamewar) is that it's the most BSD-like of the Linux distros.