[nSLUG] General Linux Question

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Sun Mar 23 07:28:28 AST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Mark Stevenson wrote:

> 	I am new to the list. My name is Mark Stevenson and I am from Cape
> Breton Island. Just have a simple question to ask. What would be the best
> distro for someone just wanting to start with Linux as their main operating
> system?

Knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html); this is a bootable
version of Linux on CD, so you can try it out to see if you like it
without risking changing anything on your hard drive.

Once you get the hang of it, I'd recommend looking at Debian, but that's
my personal taste. If you want a deep understanding of how it all fits
together, I'd recommend Slackware.

Cheers... Dop.