[nSLUG] Miracle!!!

Réjean Chamberland laudire2you at gosympatico.ca
Sat Mar 22 17:50:31 AST 2003

It's a son! It's a girl! No, it's an OS. I managed to scrounge an old video card which was hidden in an old machine I had given up on which was sitting in the workshop under close to a metre of dust ( a Cirrus Logic, CL-GD 5446. I think it's only a VGA with only 2 Mb of memory, if so.) and I reinstalled Mandrake 9.0 and IT WORKS! For now it is running only in 640x480 but at least it's there and I can always make slight changes using XFdrake, believe me I know where it is.
I just wanted to thanks one more time all the good people who have tried so hard to help me the last week. If there were more people like you the whole world would be a much better one. You may not necessarily be off the hook completely. I'll still have an odd question once in awhile  but at least now I can read the mans and how-tos. Thanks again, now I've got to go and comb the only hair I still have on my sore head.
Rejean