[nSLUG] Time services

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Mar 19 20:27:49 AST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Jamie Fifield wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:43:43PM -0400, Dop Ganger wrote:

> > Failing that, would anyone be interested in a cache network on Eastlink's
> > network?
>
> You mean a squid peer network?  I've heard a number of people talk about
> setting something like that up.  I haven't heard of one actually
> appearing though.  Could be neat.  Nslug could host instructions on
> connecting to it, but I don't think our server would participate.

Exactly that, yup. I realise that the uplink is capped on Eastlink cable
modems (I think mine is somewhere in the region of 60kB/sec) but I suspect
it'd help speed things up a fair bit in general, if only due to the lower
latency. I might even be persuaded to set up a cache on one of the
machines at work (24 gig of RAID storage going idle *has* to be some kind
of a crime... :-)

Cheers... Dop.