[nSLUG] Odd request...

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Mar 19 17:30:22 AST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:43:49AM -0400, Vikram wrote:
> www.jstor.org and also numerous scientific electronic journals.  However
> access to none of them is free.

 One place where you can find tons of scientific papers for free is on the
arXiv.org pre-print server.  Grabbing pdfs with lynx worked, but not wget,
until I used  wget -U lynx, to set the user-agent string.  That does the
trick.

E.g.  wget -U lynx http://www.arxiv.org/pdf/cs.MS/0302026.pdf

 They have a robots.txt which gives special permissions to Googlebot, so try
to respect it if appropriate.

 BTW, the "X" is a greek chi, so you pronounce the URL the same as archive :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y