[nSLUG] xine installation: dvdnav problem

Bill Davidson bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca
Wed Mar 19 10:08:18 AST 2003

On March 19, 2003 08:46 am, you wrote:

> I have attached the complete (error-)output of make to this e-mail, there
> seem to be more than just one problem. - What is wrong here? Did they
> release a version which does not compile? I don't think this is probable,
> so where is the problem?

Yes, that's a lot of errors, but I suspect they all stem from the first one,
which is the inability to find "xine/events.h".  Where is that file?  Is it
in the source that you are compiling, or is it part of one of the library
packages you already installed? If the latter, then it should be under either
/usr/include or /usr/local/include. If the former,  it should either be in
the curent directory (in which case it would have been found) or in some
"include" directory which, for some reason, is not being included in the
compiler search path.

You need to find that file and figure out why gcc isn't finding it.

--
Bill Davidson
bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca