[nSLUG] xine installation: dvdnav problem

peter.bittner at gmx.net peter.bittner at gmx.net
Wed Mar 19 08:46:31 AST 2003

Hi!

I have finally succeeded to install xine. Viewing some DVDs works fine,
while others are not supported since dvdnav is not installed.

Now I have installed all kinds of libs, such as:
- libdvdcss-1.2.6.tar.gz
- libdvdnav-0.1.3.tar.gz
- libdvdread-0.9.4.tar.gz
and the installation of those went fine.

When installing xine-dvdnav-0.9.13 (xine-dvdnav-0.9.13.tar.gz), however, I
am getting a compile error on my make! - ./configure works fine though.

I have attached the complete (error-)output of make to this e-mail, there
seem to be more than just one problem. - What is wrong here? Did they
release a version which does not compile? I don't think this is probable,
so where is the problem?

Or does anyone know if there is a RPM for the xine-dvdnav plugin for SuSE
8 somewhere in the net? (I haven't found one so far unfortunately.)

Thanks for any help in advance!
Cheers, Peter

--
"Free software is like free speech, not free beer" (Richard Stallman)