[nSLUG] xine UI installation problem

peter.bittner at gmx.net peter.bittner at gmx.net
Tue Mar 18 17:32:39 AST 2003

Hi!

Looks like I have solved my own problem (at least partially):
- by not executing ./configure and make as root (but make install only)
- and by using the latest version of xine-lib (xine-lib-1-beta8.tar.gz).

But unfortunately there is now another problem that come when I try to
execute ./configure of xine-ui:

[...]
*** All of READLINE dependent parts will be disabled ***
checking curses.h usability... no
checking curses.h presence... no
checking for curses.h... no
checking for cbreak in -lncurses... no
checking for curl-config... no
checking for CURL-LIB version >= 7.10.2... no
*** The curl-config script installed by CURL could not be found
*** If CURL was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the CURL_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to curl-config.
*** All of curl dependent parts will be disabled ***
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for aalib-config... no
checking for AALIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The aalib-config script installed by AALIB could not be found
*** If AALIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the AALIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to aalib-config.
checking for pkg-config... no
*** pkg-config not found. See http://pkgconfig.sourceforge.net
*** All of DIRECTFB dependent parts will be disabled
checking for png_read_info in -lpng... no
configure: error: *** libpng is needed (PNG library not found) - try to
use --with-png-prefix option ***

So what next? - I have tried ./configure --with-png-prefix, but without
success. Does anyone know help?

Cheers, Peter

--
"Free software is like free speech, not free beer" (Richard Stallman)