[nSLUG] xine UI installation problem

peter.bittner at gmx.net peter.bittner at gmx.net
Tue Mar 18 16:46:01 AST 2003

Hi!

I am trying to install xine on my SuSE 8.0 system. I have already
installed xine-lib (xine-lib-0.9.13) using the commands ./configure; make;
make install.
Now when I try to install xine-ui (xine-ui-0.9.19) the following error
occurs when I execute ./configure:

[...]
checking for xine-config... no
checking for XINE-LIB version >= 1.0.0... no
*** The xine-config script installed by XINE could not be found
*** If XINE was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the XINE_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to xine-config.
configure: error: *** You should install xine-lib first ***

What is wrong here? (I do have installed xine-lib successfully already! -
The files are all in /usr/local/lib/xine/plugins. There is no /bin
directory there however, and neither there is one in
/usr/local/lib/xine/.)

Can anyone help?
Cheers, Peter

--
"Free software is like free speech, not free beer" (Richard Stallman)