[nSLUG] monitor question

Réjean Chamberland laudire2you at gosympatico.ca
Sun Mar 16 14:57:54 AST 2003

> From: Tim Goodaire <tgoodaire at linux.ca>
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:49:32 -0400
> To: nslug at nslug.ns.ca
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] monitor question
>
> Rejean,
>
> I just found a post by someone who was having the same problem as you:
>
> http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/newbie/2002-08/msg01434.php
>
> Does this help?
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim!
This was greatly appreciated. It's strange that I didn't come across it because I can assure you that beside reinstalling for the nth time I have done as much research as I could. I'm not just sitting here waiting for people to fix my problems, I can assure you.
Anyway, stupid me, after I read the post you suggested I decided to unplug my external Iomega Zip drive ( 100 Mb) and my scanner which is installed on my smaller computer ( running Windoze 98 SE because I cannot find a driver for it to work with NTFS.
Then I went ahead and tried to install Mandrake 7.1 which I also have hoping that it may have XFree86 3.6 instead of 4.2 and lo and behold IT WORKED! I was able to use KDE.
I said stupid because about an hour later I decided to try reinstalling Mandrake 8.0 and see if it would work ( it didn't) thinking that I could always reinstall 7.1 again. Well I don't know what specific I did to make it work ( I must be reinstalling for the fiftieth time right now ) but since last night I must be into my tenth reinstall. At least I have some kind of hope right now.
So thanks again to you and everybody else who have tried to help me the last few days.
Rejean