[nSLUG] Happy Meal Ethernet

Rory Bray rory at vudu.nb.ca
Fri Mar 14 21:45:41 AST 2003

What sort of other network equipment are you connecting to?

I know that on Solaris the hme cards/drivers don't get along well with some
switches, Cisco for example.   The problem in that case is related to auto
negotiation.  I regularly have to disable autoneg on Sun boxes for this
reason, it's not good enough to only set the speed and duplex.