[nSLUG] monitor question

Tim Goodaire tim at momentumitgroup.com
Fri Mar 14 20:48:27 AST 2003

In recent versions of XFree86, I've had a lot of success with

XFree86 -configure

to configure X. The only thing that I've had to set was DefaultDepth.
Everything else was detected fine, on four seperate machines.

Perhaps you could select some kind of generic monitor, and then try this:

1. Make sure X is not running.
2. XFree86 -configure
3. XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new
4. Stop X and edit XF86Config.new until you're happy.
5. cp XF86Config.new /whereever/Mandrake/stores/the/config/file

Tim